Here’s the colony-killing mistake backyard beekeepers make – bee killer
Having trouble keeping those deer out of your garden. For ideas on that topic, please visit: Oh, Deer! 10 Native Flowers That Stand Up to the Herds
Common Types of Minnesota Bees presented by Natural Shore Technologies
Plants that draw pollinators to your garden presented by Seed Savers Exchange
Native Bees, Solitary Bees, Wild Bees: for more information, please visit the Minnesota Bee lab
Minnesota Native Plant Encyclopedia – search by county, soil type, sun/shade, color, etc.
Science for kids – great video of bees. Learn about the honeybee hive, queen bee, worker bees and drones.
Pollinator Partnership – a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and the largest in the world dedicated exclusively to the protection and promotion of pollinators and their ecosystems
Bee Smart Pollinator Gardener app – an easy and most useful tool to help plan an array of pollinator gardens.
Pollinator Friendly Alliance – this group is located in Stillwater, MN. This site has wonderful information about pollinators.
Plants for Minnesota Bees – A list of pollinator friendly plants provided by the University of Minnesota Bee Lab.
Pollinators and Their Habitat – Minnesota Department of Agriculture information regarding pollinators.
Interesting articles (added on 2-5-16)
- 6 Things to Know Before You Start Growing Your Own Food
- 6 Ways to Grow Edibles in Small Places
- Try Slow Gardening for Some Unexpected Benefits
- 3 Ways Native Plants Make Gardening So Much Better
- 6 Plants That Beat Butterfly Bush for the Wildlife Draw
- What Monarch Butterflies Taught Me About Garden Design
- Garden-Friendly Native Alternatives to Overplanted Exotics
Insect Hotels Learn how to make your own insect hotel.
The USDA asks: How much do you know about pollinators? | NRCS